Focus On... FOCUS on Financial Sustainability & Asset Management
- Mobile technology helps workflow
South Gippsland Shire Council is utilising mobile technology to make its operations run smoother and better assist its community.
- Mainmark helps address flood mitigation*
Concrete deterioration is a common challenge in the management of sewerage and waste water infrastructure, caused by ongoing exposure to harsh chemicals and gases associated with these environments.
- Local government backs marriage equality
In an emotional vote at the National General Assembly (NGA), the local government sector voted in favour of a motion to support marriage equality.
- Ancestral stories shared over breakfast
The Lord Mayor of Darwin Katrina Fong Lim enthralled the packed annual Australian Local Government Women’s Association (ALGWA) breakfast at the National General Assembly.
- From the politicians:
- Saving on height and width roadside works
Mitchell Shire Council’s Works Department is achieving more than twice the work on nearly half the budget with a new approach to roadside height and width clearance.
- The popularity of the new hi-tech LUXMANN CORNEA® LED streetlights*
More and more Local Governments are adopting the new hi-tech LUXMANN CORNEA® LED streetlights, which, as was reported in our April issue, received a glowing reception when they were installed in Minjilang Arnhem Council last December and were one of only a few electronic assets to survive a lightning strike in the region.
- Low-entry trucks improve driver safety
Lake Macquarie City Council in New South Wales has introduced vehicles that are easy for drivers to enter and exit during bulk waste collections.
- Sounds of silence a big tick in Gapuwiyak
A noise reduction project by East Arnhem Regional Council turned out to have even better results than expected.
- Future Directions - From Northern Grampians Shire Council
In the face of recent changes to some of its most important revenue sources, Northern Grampians Shire Council has launched a campaign to secure the future of local government.
- Reining in renewals
Burke Shire in Queensland’s northwest corner is protecting its bottom line by taking a critical look at the assets on its books.
- Financial sustainability in unsealed road asset management*
Research into the condition of unsealed roads in Australia shows 19% are in poor to very poor condition, according to ALGA’s 2015 State of the Assets Report.
- Paving the way to better roads
Isaac Regional Council’s road operations have received an efficiency boost with the purchase of three new graders equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS) technology.
- Fleet’s best-loved sedans have just got better*
The leaders in the sedan pack have been further improved, making them an even surer bet for your fleet. Both Toyota Camry Altise and Aurion AT-X have been stalwarts of government fleets for years.
- Keeping the Territory moving
The Local Government Association of the Northern Territory (LGANT) plays a unique role among Australian peak municipal bodies in road management, maintaining a massive amount of the Territory’s roads.
- Digital toolsets enabling a sustainable approach to procurement*
By Rob Cook, Marketing Manager, TenderLink