Focus On... FOCUS on Business Efficiency and Sustainability
- Removing paper headaches from accounts payable
The Burke Shire in Queensland’s Gulf of Carpentaria may be one of the state’s most remote councils, but its team is thinking outside the box when it comes to innovation.
- Efficiencies of centre-led procurement*
By Rob Cook, Marketing Manager, TenderLink
- Future Directions - By Manager Information Services, Aaron Jurd, Central Highlands Regional Council, Queensland
- Regional collaboration drives tourism
Not-for-profit organisation Avon Tourism is seeking to build a competitive tourism industry for the seven shires within the Avon Valley region in Western Australia.
- Sharing resources, sharing rewards
Two sets of councils in Tasmania are proving that you can do more with less.
- Cape York solar plans up-scaled
Cook Shire Council in Far North Queensland has welcomed plans to build a second solar farm in the Cape York region.
- Trainee intake takes off
Wollongong City Council’s largest ever intake of trainees started work across civil and park areas in September.
- Learning to stress less
The Town of Port Hedland, in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, is helping employees reduce their stress levels.
- How wood can help councils to reduce carbon emissions and save money*
- Sustainability benchmarking report given green light
Sunshine Coast Council in Queensland has released a forward-thinking sustainability benchmarking report to help curtail greenhouse gas emissions.
- Slashing emissions
Moonee Valley City Council-operated buildings have gone
- Lease signed for electric bus trial
Noosa Council has signed global bus manufacturer Higer Bus and Coach to provide the vehicles for an electric bus trial next year.
- Measuring cultural impact
An innovative new tool is set to have a big impact on local government in South Australia.
- Is your human resources & payroll system a couch potato?*
- Mining town to cultural hub
Mackay Regional Council is seeking to change its image as a mining region to be recognised as a culturally significant visitor destination.
- Students learn on the job
Central Coast Council in New South Wales is granting young residents with valuable on-the-job training.
- Entrepreneurial workshops tackle unemployment
The City of Mandurah – Western Australia’s largest regional council – is using an innovative entrepreneurial program to helps tackle the city’s high unemployment.
- Innovation summits to drive economic growth
Redland City Council in South East Queensland is hosting a series of summits to investigate local innovation and encourage future leaders.
- Public Policy in Action – National Reach, Local Delivery*
- Planning on better customer service
Mornington Peninsula Shire in Victoria is further improving planning processes by introducing a dedicated pre-application service.